Grade Level: K-2, 3-5
- Students stand 10-15 feet away from a partner, depending on skill level, with a hula-hoop in the middle of them.
- Bean bags are placed about 10-15 feet behind each line of students, with poly spots scattered in between students and bean bags.
- On a signal, students will hop from poly spot to poly spot and grab a bean bag behind them. They then hop on the poly spots back to their starting position.
- Students will underhand throw the bean bag to their partner. If the partner catches it, they will place it in the hula-hoop.
- The other partner will now hop and grab a bean bag from behind them. They now must throw and catch the bean bag 2 times in a row before putting it in the hula-hoop.
- Partners alternate getting bean bags as they attempt to toss and catch 3, 4, 5, etc. times consecutively.
- If a miss occurs, partners must start over.
Recognizes the role of rules and etiquette in teacher-designed physical activities.
Throws underhand using a mature pattern. (S1.E13.2)
Catches a soft object from a selftoss before it bounces. (S1.E16.1a)
Use numbers bean bags and the partners toss and catch the number on the bean bag before being able to place it in their hoop.