Grade Level: 6-8, 9-12
Equipment: Volleyball or other bouncy ball.
Court: Volleyball courts and nets work best. The net will hang at 3 feet off of the ground like tennis. Teams of 3 to 6 players work well.
Scoring: Rally scoring. Games are played to 15 or 21 points, win by 2.
Serving:. Underhand serving only. Use the same service rotation as volleyball.
Volleys: Teams can have up to 3 hits per side. The ball must bounce before each hit can be made. Volleyball hits must be used: pass, set, spike, and dig.
Physical Education Modifications:
- Try different size balls.
- Allow more or fewer hits.
- Adjust court size.
- Raise the net.
- Adjust players on each side.
- Start with an underhand toss over the net instead of a serve.
- Only make it bounce on the first contact.
- Standard 4 [H2 .L1]: Exhibits proper etiquette, respect for others, and teamwork while engaging in physical activity and/or social dance.
- [H1.L1-2]: Demonstrates competency and/or refines activity-specific movement skills in 2 or more lifetime activities (net/wall games) (L1); Refines activity-specific movement skills in 1 or more lifetime activities (net/wall games) (L2).